Find Senior Retirement Homes in Wyoming
Search 38 retirement homes, senior homes, nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities
If you are looking into a retirement home for a loved one, you should know there are many excellent senior homes spread throughout the state of Wyoming. You will find ones that offer a range of amenities. However, before you dive into one of the elderly homes for your loved one, you should find out more about the general amenities that might be offered, the cost, what to ask of old age homes in Wyoming, and a bit more.
Amenities Offered in Wyoming Retirement Homes
Whenever you go to a senior citizen home in Wyoming, you will want to talk to them about the amenities that they offer. There are different amenities offered depending on which one of the retirement homes you go to. You may not even need a retirement home if your loved one only needs some help with daily living – and instead may choose a Wyoming assisted living facility. Some amenities you should be aware of or looking for when it comes to retirement homes include the following:
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Mental health services
- Barbershop and beauty services
- Pharmacy on-site
- WiFi access
- Community areas
- Walking trails
- Recreational activities
- Medical services
- Pool and/or hot tub
- Fitness or recreation room
- Central courtyard
- Dietician on-site
- And more…
These are the amenities that are often offered at long-term care facilities in the state of Wyoming. Talk to the staff members to see if they offer these amenities or others, as well.
When is it time for a retirement home in Wyoming?
Are you thinking about sending your loved one to a retirement home to live? Maybe they have not been acting like themselves lately. They might be experiencing changes that you aren’t sure how to handle. It might be time to move your loved one into a long-term care home if:
- They are not getting the medical care they need from home.
- They can’t focus or concentrate on things very long.
- They keep getting lost or wandering away from their home.
- They have health issues that can’t be managed from home.
- They are paying more for in-home care services than it would cost to move them into a skilled nursing facility.
- They aren’t taking medications as they should be.
- They can’t handle their own personal hygiene or personal care activities.
- They keep falling in their home.
- They have memory loss issues that affect their everyday life.
These are some of the times when you should move your loved one into a retirement facility. The good news is that senior homes offer more than assisted living, so your loved one will get all the care and services they need.
Cost of Retirement Homes in Wyoming
Now that you have decided it is time for your loved one to move to a Wyoming retirement home, there are some costs associated with the type of care they will be receiving that you should know about. It is important to know more about the costs because most elderly and disabled people are on a budget and need care they can afford. Some costs you should know about with retirement homes in Wyoming include the following:
- You should know about old age home care costs. These can vary. It depends on the location of the senior home and whether your loved one will be in a private or semi-private room. The private rooms are going to average $8,060 a month. The semi-private rooms are going to average $7,078 a month.
- You should also know about Wyoming memory care costs, as well. This care is offered to those who have memory loss associated with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. These costs will range between $2,610 to $6,478 a month.
- There is also hospice care that is offered for anyone who has a terminal illness. These costs can vary so much. It depends greatly on what services they need, how much medication they need, and how many hours of care they are going to need, too. The average cost for hospice care in the state of Wyoming is $59,250 per year.
- You can get your loved one into a respite care facility if you need time off from being a caregiver, as well. The average cost for this service is going to range between $10,650 to $16,250 a month.
Now that you are more familiar with the costs that are associated with retirement homes in Wyoming, you should also know which questions you should ask of each Wyoming skilled nursing facility.
Questions to Ask Wyoming Retirement Homes During Your Visit
When you have a plan to go visit or tour a retirement home in Wyoming, it is essential to have some questions ready for them. You don’t want to go in there empty-handed. It is essential that you ask all the questions you have, even if you think they aren’t important. This way you can compare Wyoming retirement homes to find the right fit for your disabled or elderly loved one. Some questions you may want to ask each retirement home include the following:
- How will medications be handled at this facility?
- Who will be in charge if I have any issues that I need to talk about?
- How are complaints handled at this facility?
- Will there be time for my loved one to go outdoors?
- What are the visiting hours or are they flexible?
- Do you have any accreditations that I should know about?
- What will be the costs each month for my loved one’s care?
This is just the start of the questions you might want to ask of all the retirement facilities in Wyoming that you go to visit.
You now know a lot more about long-term care in Wyoming. You should know there are some great long-term care facilities in the state. You just need to make sure you properly vet each one of the retirement facilities to make sure they can take care of your loved one’s needs. Go into each one with your list of questions, make sure you know what the cost of care is going to be, and what the amenities are that will be offered. If you do these things, you will get the best care for your loved one.
- Westview Health Care Center
- (888) 948-7973
- View Pricing & Availability
- Learn More
- 4.25 (7)
- Cheyenne Health Care Center
- (888) 948-8352
- View Pricing & Availability
- Learn More
- 4.25 (6)
Top 10 Senior Retirement Homes in Wyoming
Westview Health Care Center is a senior retirement home in Sheridan, Wyoming that can provide skilled nursing care and assistance to up to 102 senior citizens. It is located at 1990 West Loucks Street, Sheridan Wyoming 82801 zip code and includes services such as a Alzheimer's care unit, secured grounds, cable TV and transportation services. Westview Health Care Center became licensed by Medicare to provide nursing care services on 06/10/1989 and accepts Medicare and Medicaid. License #: 535039.
Cheyenne Health Care Center is a nursing and retirement facility located at 2700 E 12th Street that provides nursing services to all Laramie county residents. It includes amenities such as Alzheimer’s care, physical rehabilitation, social work services and dental services. Cheyenne Health Care Center is able to provide nursing care services to no more than 105 older adults at once who are looking for retirement homes in Cheyenne, WY. It became licensed on 10/16/1984 with license number 535025.